Monday, July 18, 2011

All-Japan tournament




Every summer in Tokyo we can see the all-Japan tournament, combining tai ji quan and wushu/ bujutsu/ other martial arts. It is really an extraordinary event, overwhelming because there is just too much going on, with action in six courts running almost non-stop for three days.

Due to work or practice commitments, I usually go for just part of each of the three days. I spent far more time there this year than usual, mostly because my daughter wanter to meet her gong fu friend. They didn't watch any of the action on the main floor - DS and other games were more important.

Fine for me, plenty to see below and many good friends to talk to. A quick search at youtube you bring some highlights for those interested.

1 comment:

Zacky Chan said...

Sweet. I'll have to check some of those youtube videos. Maybe I'll look up, "Chinese showdown in big Tokyo 2011."