Thursday, July 24, 2008

getting started


   No great fanfare, just the sudden launch of a long-considered blog. Got started on this planet 40 years ago, started in Japan 13 years back. First martial arts experience, brief as it was, 22 years ago. That was a tai ji quan class at university. Later, I moved deeply into Japanese arts and to Japan itself. While here, I have shifted my focus from Japanese to Chinese arts. Though I remain active in both, I have returned to having tai ji quan and other internal Chinese martial arts as the core of my training. Slowing down these days but  still going strong. I will be writing primarily about my experiences practicing martial arts - things which have motivated me, uplifted me, disappointed me, the works. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good going, bryan. nice focus, no hocus pocus.
no blab, no flab, no gab, just thinkin' (and drinkin') and stinkin' (keikogis, that is.)

FireFlyer451 said...

analog man, way to go moving into the 21st century blogosphere. keep writing the good stuff, it shines a light on things that are worth sharing.

BP said...

Dana - you want stinkin? I got stinkin kote, stinkin keikogi, stinkin hakama...need I go on? Anyhow, thanks for the support and comments

Mike - be forewarned. Analog Man will next be grappling with bringing video onto the site.