Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Olympics1


Heading to Beijing tomorrow (today by Tokyo time) for work at the Olympics and, ideally, much good training. Details and thoughts later, but now just wanted to note how strange it is for me, with no interest in football basketball baseball and the like, to be working at the largest international sports event. I am supposed to be going for language work, providing support for a Japanese crew on the ground. But no one has been able to give me a clue about what I will actually be doing, my schedule, anything. I do have a plane ticket and hotel reservations (all paid, of course), as well as a number of face masks and diarrhea pills (out of my pocket). There is supposed to be decent internet access at the main media center, where I will be stationed, so I hope to do much blogging from China. For now, just a pre-departure photo. 

No comments: