Monday, December 13, 2010

stick figures


My daughter drew these after Sunday's exhibition / demo. Three consecutive weeks of exhibition / demos, finally a short break (= time to get ready for January demo....and February demo....).

Anyway, she did a chang quan stick form (初級棍術) and I did a shortened version of the nan quan competition stick / staff form (南棍). She also did some of the basic empty-hand routines, but we had worked the hardest on the staff forms, and I was pleased to see her in action.

I was part of a group of four doing nan gun / Southern staff. Each of us was OK but we hadn't practiced together or matched the timing until the day of the demo, since we all practice at different times / places with the same teacher. Anyway it came off pretty well - though watching the video, I see several spots I need to work on....

No comments: